The use of lubricants, to identify the pros and cons, several years of experience to accumulate the following points for your reference:
I. Lubricating oil:
1. Moisture inspection; (1) Put the lubricating oil into the test tube and observe the transparency. If it is not clear and transparent and cloudy, it can be preliminarily determined that the lubricating oil contains water; (2) Inject about half of the lubricating oil into the test tube and heat it to about 100 ~ 120℃. If there is a sound, bubbles or condensation of water on the tube wall, it means there is water. (3) Put the white powder copper sulfate without crystal water into the test tube containing lubricating oil. If the copper sulfate turns blue and precipitates at the bottom, water is contained in the lubricating oil.
2. Inspection of particle size; (1) Place a piece of clean glass on a horizontal piece, and drop a drop of lubricating oil to be checked and a drop of lubricating oil of standard quality, respectively. Then tilt the glass piece to compare the velocity and distance of the two lubricating oils. Large flow velocity and long distance indicate low viscosity, and conversely, high viscosity. (2), will be to check the oil and the standard of the quality of lubricating oil in the two test tubes, respectively, the oil level in vitro under five ㎜ mouth, the mouth sealed tube, the two tube inversion at the same time, observe the bubble rising velocity, if be lubricating oil lubricating oil bubble rising faster than the standard, shows that the oil viscosity is lower than standard oil viscosity, high conversely.
3. Identification of lubrication performance; Rub the lube thumb and index finger against each other. If there is a sticky feeling, it indicates that the oil has good lubrication performance. If it feels astringent, it indicates that the lubrication performance has deteriorated.
4. Inspection of mechanical impurities; Dilute the oil with gasoline and filter it. Observe the impurities.
1. Identification of soap groups; Apply the grease to the copper sheet, and then put it into hot water. If the grease and water do not work, the water does not change color, does not emulsify, indicating that it is calcium base fat or lithium base fat, barium base fat; If the grease dissolves quickly in water and becomes a translucent, milky solution, it is a sodium-based grease; The grease, although soluble in water, is very slow and complete, indicating that it is calcium-sodium-based.
2. Identification of destructive properties of fiber network structure; Grease coated copper sheet into the tube with water and constantly rotating, if there is no oil separated, indicating that the grease structure is normal, if there are oil beads floating on the surface, it means that the fiber network structure of the grease has been damaged, lost the adhesion, can not continue to use. The main reasons are improper storage, vibration, storage too long and so on.
3. Inspection of mechanical impurities; Take a small amount of grease with your finger to twist and press, and judge whether there are impurities by feeling; Apply the grease in transparent glass board, the coating thickness is about 0.5 mm, can observe whether there is mechanical impurities in the bright point.
Lubricating oil is the blood of the equipment, and proper use is crucial to prolong the service life of the equipment.