Car hub bearings used to be most pairs of single row tapered roller or ball bearings.With the development of technology, the car has been widely used car hub unit.The hub bearing unit is growing in scope and usage and has now developed to the third generation: the first generation is composed of double-row angular contact bearings.The second generation has a flange for bearing fixation on the outer raceway. The bearing sleeve can be simply fixed to the axle with a nut.It makes it easier to repair cars.The third generation hub bearing unit is a bearing unit and anti - lock brake system.The hub unit is designed to have an inner flange and an outer flange, with the inner flange bolted to the drive shaft and the outer flange mounting the entire bearing together.
Worn or damaged hub bearings or hub units can cause inappropriate and costly failures in your vehicle on the road, or even damage to your safety.Please pay attention to the following matters in the use and installation of hub bearing:
1. In order to ensure safety and reliability to the greatest extent, it is recommended that you always check the hub bearings, no matter how old the vehicle is, for early warning signs of wear on the bearings, including any friction noise during rotation or abnormal deceleration of suspension assembly wheels during turning.
For rear-wheel-drive vehicles it is recommended that the front hub bearings be lubricated before the vehicle travels to 38,000 km.When replacing the brake system, check the bearing and replace the oil seal.
2. If you hear the noise from the hub bearing, first of all, it is important to find the place where the noise occurs.There are many moving parts that may produce noise, and there may be some rotating parts in contact with non-rotating parts.If the noise is confirmed to be in the bearing, the bearing may be damaged and needs to be replaced.
3. Because the working conditions of the front hub leading to the failure of the bearings on both sides are similar, it is recommended to replace them in pairs even if only one bearing is broken.
4, the hub bearing is more sensitive, in any case, the right method and the right tools are needed.Bearing parts must not be damaged during storage and installation.Some bearings require a lot of pressure, so special tools are needed.Be sure to refer to the car's manufacturing instructions.
5, when the bearing should be installed in a clean and tidy environment, small particles into the bearing will shorten the service life of the bearing.It is important to keep the bearings clean when replacing them.Do not use a hammer to hit the bearing. Be careful not to drop the bearing on the floor (or otherwise mishandled).The condition of the shaft and housing should also be checked before installation. Even minor wear and tear can lead to poor fit and early bearing failure.
6. For the hub bearing unit, do not attempt to disassemble the hub bearing or adjust the seal ring of the hub unit, otherwise the seal ring will be damaged and lead to the entry of water or dust.Even the raceway of the seal ring and inner ring are damaged, resulting in the permanent failure of the bearing.
7. There is a magnetic thrust ring in the sealing ring equipped with the ABS device bearing, and this thrust ring shall not be subject to collision, impact or collision with other magnetic fields.Remove them from the box before installation and keep them away from magnetic fields, such as electric motors or power tools used.When these bearings are installed, the operation of the bearings is changed by observing the ABS alarm pin on the instrument panel through the road condition test.
8. Hub bearing equipped with ABS magnetic thrust ring. In order to determine which side of the thrust ring is mounted, a lightweight object can be used to approach the edge of the bearing, and the magnetic force generated by the bearing will attract it.When installed, point one side of the magnetic thrust ring to the inside, facing the ABS sensor.Note: improper installation may result in functional failure of the brake system.
9, many bearings are sealed, this type of bearing is not required to add grease throughout its life.Other unsealed bearings such as double row tapered roller bearings must be lubricated with grease during installation.Due to the different sizes of the inner cavity of the bearing, it is difficult to determine how much oil is added. The most important thing is to ensure that there is oil in the bearing. If there is too much oil, when the bearing rotates, the excess oil will leak out.General experience: during installation, the total amount of grease should account for 50% of the bearing clearance.
10. The torque varies greatly due to the bearing type and bearing housing.